LG WM3988HWA 27in Steam Washer/Dryer Combo with 4.2 cu. ft. Capacity
The WM3988HWA is a washer and dryer combo with multiple wash and dry programs to choose from. The unit also comes with the special Allergiene cycle and more convenient. Read on to know more about this laundry unit.
- The full sized capacity means you can dry larger loads with this unit to effectively save on power and time.
- The Allergiene cycle removes allergens like dust mites and dander effectively, perfect for hypersensitive household members.
- The front-loading design makes loading and unloading a breeze. The easy loading tilt tub also adds to the convenience when loading and unloading the tub.
- The LCD display allows you to view the status of your laundry.
- The beeper announces when the dryer is done so no need to look in on the laundry from time to time.
- The mutiple wash/dry programs allow you to choose the one that is gentlest on the load.
- The delay wash feature allows you to set the time you want the unit to start washing.
- The unit is energy-efficient and comes with the Energy Star seal, allowing you to save on power and water.
- The Sensor Dry system detects the amount of moisture in the load and adjusts the drying cycle accordingly.
- The LoDecibel Quiet operation feature makes the unit run as quietly as it can.
- The tub light allows you to peer into the tub and see what?s inside. This is good if you want to take something out or if a piece of clothing is stuck inside the tub.
- The child lock feature prevents kids from opening and closing the door of
the unit when adults are not around to supervise.
- Status indicators tell you how long before the load is done washing and drying.
The design is compact so you can put this unit even in very small laundry rooms. There is no need for external venting, which is another plus.
The steam fresh option also makes cleaning dress shirts a breeze. The steam fresh cycle also removes odors and reduces the amount of wrinkles in the clothes. The unit also uses up less water than regular units and the cotton cycle is perfect for regular loads of laundry.
The bulky cycle washes large thick comforters without any problems. You can also dry without having to go through the wash cycle, perfect for quick laundry fixes. Finally, you can also pause at any time during the cycle.
The washing and drying cycles are slow, and although the size makes it perfect for a large household, some say that this is not a good unit for a home with kids. The unit often leaves the clothes damp.
Because the drying cycles are slow, you cannot wash and dry very large loads if you do not want to wait a couple of hours for the loads to finish. It is best to use the delay feature so you can pop the laundry in, go to work or run errands, and return home in time to unload the laundry.
Consumer likes and dislikesPros
- ventless system good for small apartments
- has dry-only cycle
- can clean well
- has multiple options for wash and dry functionsCons
- takes too long to wash and dryLG Washer Dryer Combo main page