LG WM2801HWA 27in Front-Load Washer 4.5 cu. ft.
The WM2801HWA is a 4.5 cu. feet capacity washer that comes with a number of useful features, intuitive coontrls and a bigger door opening. Read on to know more about its features.
- NeverRust steel drum does away with rusting which can damage fabrics.
- Steam Fresh cycle cleans and reduces odors by penetrating the fabrics with steam.
- Sanitary Clean cycle removes a large percentage of bacteria.
- SenseClean cycle calculates the water needed and the time needed to wash the load based on the weight of the load.
- LED tub light makes seeing into the tub possible.
- Wash/Rinse optimizer makes adjustments according to water hardness and the kind of detergent used for optimal washing.
- Direct Drive motor is another innovation that connects the motor to the drum instead of going through a number of belts and pulleys, reducing the noise and vibration.
- 9 wash cycles for safer washing of all types of fabrics.
- TrueSteam technology is one feature that is unique to LG washers and uses advanced steam cleaning technology for cleaner loads.
- Allergiene cycle, exclsive to LG is designed to remove allergens from the load such as dust mites, pollen and dander by more than 95%.
- TruBalance Anti vibration technology reduces vibrations significantly so you can put the unit anywhere, even on the second floor.
- Extra-wide door with a 15% increase in the opening makes loading and unloading a breeze.
The steam cleaning and anti-allergy options are very popular among users, especially those who
have babies and kids. Another advantage is the reduced noise and vibration. With these features you can put the unit anywhere, even on the second floor and it won’t become a disruption. The stylish appearance allows it to blend with the rest of the appliances in the house. The large room in the tub accommodates bigger loads making it perfect for a regular-sized home. The door is also wide enough to accommodate large bundles of clothes.
The unit is stackable so you can get this unit even if the laundry room is small. Using the right laundry detergent can affect the length of the cycle considerably. The unit cleans thicker fabrics with ease and comes out with laundry without the soapy residue.
One of the most common complaints is the longer cycles. A few complain that the unit vibrates too much and is too loud at times. The control panel which comes with an LED display is the first thing that often breaks down and often takes weeks for the unit to be repaired.
Consumer Likes and DislikesPros:
- Steam cleaning and anti-allergy options make it perfect in homes with babies and small children
- Reduced noise and vibration
- Stylish appearance with the metal finish allows you to put this unit anywhere in the house
- Large room in the tub accommodates larger loads
- Larger door accommodates larger bundles of clothes
- Stackable and saves on laundry room spaceCons:
- Takes long to wash a load
- Some complain of noise and vibrationLG Washers main page