Whirlpool WFW9200S front load washer
Here we have a Whirlpool Deut twenty-eight inch top-loading washer with a huge 4.6 cubic foot load capacity.
It also has four complete temperatures options, thirteen wash cycles, a spin out speed of 950 revolutions per minute and a Tier one CEE Energy Star Rating. The unit utilizes the Cabrio Wash plate.
Specs at a glance
• Height: 38 Inches
• Width: 27 Inches
• Depth: 31 1/2 Inches
• Colors: White-on-White
• 1,000 RPM Maximum
• 4 temperatures
• Energy Star: Yes
• 3 tray dispensers
• 10 cycles
• Cycles: Factory Pre-Set Cycles and Options/ Auto Soak Cycle/ Clean Washer Cycle with Affresh/ Delicate Cycle/ Hand Washables Cycle/ Heavy Duty Cycle/ Normal/Casual Cycle/ Sanitary Cycle/ Whitest Whites Cycle/ Adjustable End-of-Cycle Signal
• Other features: Ultra Capacity Plus/ 6th Sense™ Technology/ Direct Inject Wash System/ Care Control Temperature Management/ Quiet Wash Plus Noise Reduction/ Stainless Steel Wash Basket/ Built-In Water Heater / Add-A-Garment Feature/ Delay Wash/ Drain/Spin Option/ On/Off Extra Rinse Option/ Rinse and Spin Option/ Automatic Water Level Control/ 6-Point Suspension System/ Variable-Speed Motor/ Easy View Door Window/ Child Lockout/ Door Lock/ Audio Feedback/ Instructional Controls/ Optional Storage Pedestals/ Optional Laundry Tower/ Optional Laundry Worksurface/ Flexible Installation with Matching Dryer
|• A big plus is the stainless steel tub which resists scratching as you wash the normal every day things with large metal pieces and things like the loose change that will fall out of the pockets so it will remain looking new for years to come. |
• An added plus on this model is the Direct Inject Wash System where spots and stains are treated professionally with a concentrated injection of highly concentrated detergent shot directly into the fabric to help combat the tougher stains. Once the entire load has been injected, the normal cycle begins. It is very effective at combating tough stains.
• Customer’s report that the unit takes care of any stain or spot you put in it and does so without fail and does it very well and due to the pre-treating option, it even seems to save money in the overall cost of detergent.
• It should be noted that when it is starting the unit makes several noises, which are perfectly normal and reportedly sound like “a flying saucer taking off” but these are just normal operating noises as the unit does it’s job.
• Folks also have reported that the spin cycle is so complete and intense that when the unit stops spinning, the clothes are damp and not wet. This will tend to make the effective dry time shorter and may help cut down on shrinking.
• Another plus seems to be, even though there is a LOT of things that the washer will do, it is fairly easy to use and should not require a lot of reading to get busy doing the laundry and utilizing the advanced features.
|• On the down side, it appears that all of the advances in the electronics for this model have cause an advance on the number of issues requiring repair calls and leaving a majority of customers unsatisfied both with the unit and the service fro the company who seem unable to cope with some of the problems that are indicated by the LED error codes that are generated. |
• The biggest bone of contention with this unit seems to be the customer service, or lack of customer service when there is an issue. The unit appears to either work very well from the day of purchase or very poorly and there seems to be little in the middle.
So based on customer experience, you either get a good unit or a bad one. If you happen to latch onto a poor machine, you will be cycling through repair call after repair call and may have a tough time actually getting someone there that can do an effective repair.
So with this model it seems that if you are lucky enough to get a good unit at inception, you will have a great machine that you will love, if you don’t well, you’ll get to know the Whirlpool people really well.