Kenmore White 5.9 cu. ft. Capacity Gas Dryer - Model #7942
The Kenmore 5.9 cu. ft. Capacity Gas Dryer offers a mix of convenience and intuitive features such as Auto Dry feature and quick tumble action. This gas dryer is good enough for mid-sized households. Check out the list of key features and some consumer feedback in this article.
- The quick tumble feature makes drying in a hurry possible. It dries clothes in less than 30 minutes.
- The Auto Dry feature monitors the amount of moisture in the load and adjusts the drying time accordingly. This feature prevents overdrying and saves a lot on energy.
- The 20-minute Touch Up cycle is good for reducing wrinkles on large loads that have been left in the dryer for too long.
- The air fluff feature makes different types of fabric softer and saves on fabric conditioners.
- The reduced depth makes this unit easy to store despite the large 5.9 cu. ft. capacity.
- The flexible design with reversible swing door makes it possible to store this unit anywhere.
- The ergonomic controls make turning the knobs easy even when wet.
- The unit is capable of drying different kinds of clothing with the 7 drying cycles.
The unit dries loads fast, taking only about 45 minutes to dry a load of jeans. It works quietly in the background as well. The features are basic but accommodate the usual types of fabric that you dry every day.
The stylish white finish makes the unit look more expensive than it really is. The ergonomic handles are also a
good addition and do not slip even when covered in water. The shallow depth makes loading and unloading very easy since you do not have to reach all the way down to get the load. The door is also a good design, since it swings both ways and makes for easy access to the load. You can wash anything from towels to delicates, with 7 drying cycles to choose from.
Other units have 10 or more drying cycles, but you never really get to use all of them. You can also use the optional conversion kit when you use propane fuel for powering the unit so that you can dry loads faster. The conversion kit is also easy to install.
This gas dryer tends to develop noise early on. Some users recommended using a pad of felt under the unit to help reduce the sound. Another complaint is that the unit comes in white, which makes rust and water stain easy to spot.
Consumer likes and dislikesPros
- quick tumble feature
- faster drying time, especially for regular loads
- large loads easy to pop in with the large opening and reversible swing door
- ergonomic handles easy to use even when wet
- can use the conversion kit if using propane fuel for more powerful drying and shorter drying times
- features are basic, no frills, but accommodates almost all types of fabricCons
- tends to increase in noise with months of use
- white finish makes rust and water stain more noticeable Return to Kenmore Clothes Dryers main page