Kenmore Elite Oasis 4.6 cubic feet Canyon Capacity
This Energy Star qualified top loading washing machine has a generous 4.6 cu. ft capacity, meaning it can wash up to 24 bath towels in one load.
It is designed to be environmentally friendly, saving 69% on water and 66% on energy, and it comes with a Save Energy Plus option which saves up to 20% more energy (based on using the normal cycle and compared to a conventional machine built before 2004).
It is designed to deal with tough stains, with the Timed OxiTM feature which automatically releases oxygen-based stain fighters at just the right time in the wash cycle.
The washing machine has 5 water temperature settings and a maximum spin speed of 1050 rpm.
| • This Kenmore washer looks good, and it is available in four different colors: white, black, blue and stainless steel. |
• There is also a matching dryer and together they make a popular combination.
• The washer has a useful window in the top lid. It also has a large capacity, which makes it ideal for washing bulky items such as quilts, or simply for working with heavy loads.
• The control panel is easy to use and gives the user a lot of control over spin speed, cycle time and the number of rinses and pre-soaks.
• The machine also has a self-cleaning cycle, and a security feature which prevents the lid from being opened when the wash cycle is in progress.
| • Unfortunately this washer suffers from a number of
problems. High efficiency washers are relatively new and while they use much less water than their predecessors, this can produce unsatisfactory results. Clothes coming out at the end of the cycle do not always have that ‘clean’ aroma which is so important, and because of the low water use some detergents may cause colors to run. |
• The machine has a relatively high failure rate, with the lid often breaking and the digital display sometimes giving problems. Leaks and other faults are not uncommon, and many users report that they have frequent visits from a repair man trying to resolve their problems.
• It is a very noisy machine, and has a reputation for damaging clothes.
At first glance the Kenmore Elite OasisTM seems like a good choice for a busy household where there is a lot of washing to be done.
It appears to compare favorably with its competitors in terms of energy efficiency and water consumption which are so important these days.
It will probably cost you over a thousand dollars and for that price you expect great reliability and performance, but this is the area where too often the machine fails to deliver.
If you are looking for a large capacity washing machine and you are willing to take a risk, then perhaps you might consider the Kenmore Elite OasisTM. But the verdict of many users is that you should keep well away from it and get something else instead.
Related Products More LG Washer ReviewsLG Washing Machines Main Page