Frigidaire FAFW3511KB Affinity Washer and Dryer Set with 3.5 cu. ft. capacity
FAFW3511KB / FAFW3511KR is a 3.5 cu. feet washer from Frigidaire, which is known for its ultra compact design and useful features. Its has multiple wash options and cycles to choose from. It doesn't only help save on energy use, but can also clean well.
- The Vibration Control Technology keeps oversized loads as balanced as they can get. This also reduces the vibration levels of the machine so you can place it on the second floor of the house with no problem.
- The TimeWise Technology gives you equal washing and drying times so no more guessing when the load will be done.
- The WashSense technology gives the garments a deep clean.
- The Quick Cycle feature allows you to wash a garment for as quick as 25 minutes.
- Pop a garment in the unit in the middle of the cycle. Simply put the cycle on pause, put the garment in, and turn the cycle on again.
- There are multiple wash options to choose from, from energy saver to stain clean.
- Multiple cycles are available, such as whitest whites and deep sanitize.
- The Energy Star seal ensures that you save on power and water with this model because it uses 10% to 15% less water and power than conventional machines. You can even save more with the energy saver option, which reduces the amount of water the machine needs to wash a load.
- The stainless steel tub is less prone to rusting and chipping, more durable than porcelain, and is capable of withstanding faster spin cycles.
- The auto temperature control feature automatically mixes hot and cold water so
you can get the desired temperature for the detergent to work properly.
- NSF certification means that the machine washes garments in the temperature needed to remove a majority of bacteria.
- The delay timer allows you to set your machine to start up to 14 hours later.
- The Save-Your-Settings feature automatically saves the settings so you can use it for your next load.
One of the main advantages is the size, which is perfect for medium-sized families. The size ensures that you do not use more water or power than needed and the energy saving features allow you to save even more.
The machine washes garments with care, so garments look clean and white like new and they even smell cleaner! The NSF certification helps eliminate dirt and odor-causing bacteria. It removes about 99.9% of bacteria to give you a very clean load and prevent allergies when using this machine.
One of the main disadvantages of this machine is that it tends to smell after a few uses if you don’t do regular cleanings especially along the rubber gasket. You need to keep the gasket clean and dry after each use to reduce the growth of bacteria. The noise level also tends to increase after months of use. The electronic display and controls tend to break down early.
Consumer likes and dislikesPros
- size is perfect for medium-sized families
- saves on energy and water.
- less allergies because it removes 99.9% of bacteria
- deep-cleans the load. Cons
- tends to smell after a few uses if you do not clean the drum after each use due to moldy growth
- noise level grows after months of use